These peanutbutter cups are a favorite at my house and sooooo quick and easy to make! A few ingredients and a microwave is all you need.
* graham cracker crumbs (1 1/2 cups)
* powdered sugar (2 1/2 cups)
* peanut butter (1 1/2 cups)
* chocolate chips (12 oz.)
* 2 1/2 sticks of butter, Divided
(Did you say the peanutbutter cups recipe has OVER TWO STICKS OF BUTTER?? Yes, yes it does)
Prepare in a 9 x 13 pan.
1) Mix the graham cracker crumbs and powdered sugar. To save cleaning a pan, I go ahead and mix it in the 9 x 13 pan. Warning: The pan won't look pretty by the end if you do this, but who cares.
2) Melt the peanutbutter and one and a half sticks of butter together in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave until the butter is melted (I usually put it in for one minute 30 seconds). Stir until you have a yummy peanutbutter-y syrup. Pour into the graham cracker mixture. This will be thick and awkward at first but keep stirring until well blended. Press into a crust onto the bottom of the pan.
3) Melt one stick of butter with the chocolate chips. I just toss this into the same bowl I melted the peanutbutter in and put this in for one and a half minutes also, stirring midway through. Stir until chocolate is melted, be careful to not put in too long as the chocolate will scorch. Pour and layer the chocolate on top of the peanutbutter crust. Spread until the crust is covered.
Hide from the children. Lick the spoon multiple times until it's clean.
Put the pan in the fridge to set up, about 30 minutes to an hour. Sometimes we can't wait that long.
Cut into bars or if you want cute peanutbutter cups, cut with small biscuit cutters. My crew won't wait that long.
It's Spring Break here and these are on the table. They won't last long.
Let me know what you think if you try them..YUM!