There are so many whimsical features I would have loved to have included when we built this house. As I look over them, I realize I'm mentally really a 10 year old who loves some fun! Here are some ideas I seriously considered and some I just dreamed about when building our home (but didn't implement because of expense, and well, some are just a little wacky and I try to appear as normal as possible for my children's sakes!).
1) I love houses that are quirky and have character. For years I've loved the idea of a library bathroom.
Ok, that's weird.
Yes, yes it is. But look! Love books! Love a hot bath! A perfect combo! And I swoon every time I see a library ladder.
I think this means I'm a nerd.
I don't normally like a lot of clutter/shelves, but I could deal with dusting those shelves if I had to...although I may be closer to just getting this cute wallpaper:
2) If I had to sacrifice the bathroom part, this is a fun book decorating alternative (I may still do this one someday!). My book staircase would have to include Little Women, Eat, Pray, Love, The Diary of Anne Frank and something by Judy Blume.
3) And there's always the hidden passageway, right? (MORE books!). I've always wanted one ever since Scooby Doo and the Gang always found the lever that opened the secret door.
4) Or, back to the bathroom, there's the whole bicycle thing. I adore this bicycle sink!
Hubby thinks I'm crazy.
I prefer interesting.
5) Once I saw a old fashioned red telephone booth like the kind in England, it had been used on a stair landing so you had to walk through it to climb the stairs...I can't find the original picture, but you can get the idea here. This telephone booth would be amazing!
6) Hubby drew the line when I wanted to put in a slide instead of stairs. I told him to live a little.
He rolled his eyes...a little. (cuz I know in his heart he'd really like a slide too).
7) The expense of the slide pretty much cut that idea out but the hammock below really was on the books for a while, until I imagined the boys plummeting to the floor if this malfunctioned:
8) But you know I'd be mother of the century if I added this one: Did you say INDOOR POOL?? Yes, please!
If you twisted my arm, I'd put in something a little less extravagant, haha:
What would you add if sky was the limit? Quirky, fun things? Or how about a smart house that talks to you? I'd love one that would make my coffee every morning :) Some days it's just fun to dream. What would you do?
Have a great week!