IF YOU MISSED Entry One, find it here.
The Junkie is feeling surprisingly like a human. Maybe even feeling amazing! Has decided to be a grown up, just in this eating/exercise department. No more crying, no more pity parties and drinking stress away with Mt. Dew.
Still loves Mt. Dew.
Has exercised every day and eaten 'clean' in the past week. (Learned that means more than the food was just washed). Ok, the bleu cheese dressing and a fried green tomato smothered in cheese was a stretch (mmm, there's a secret love affair with cheese going on), but otherwise every meal has been whole, non-processed foods, no preservatives, chemicals, etc..
OKAYYYYYYY. There was one night of pizza and popcorn because it was the weekend, and that's reason enough. So, keeping' it real, by end of week 1, there were two cheat meals. Junkie feels no remorse.
The rollerblades have been banned to the basement. No child has been duct-taped anywhere. There is still the desire to do this, however, when the ten year old provides commentary during the workouts, or when tucking in at bedtime, when the kid says, 'Hey, Mom! Your leg looks smaller! Oh, nope, yeah, still just as fat.'
Kid is lucky to be alive.
The house is clean, the music is playing, Junkie is twirling around like that lady in the Sound of Music and the family has been fed. Even likes them again. Has lost four pounds. Proof that if a Junkie can do it, so can you. (Or if you are one of those fortunate people who have already have this down because of this fabulous metabolism or already follow this kind of lifestyle, Junkie will put you in the 'Friend I Like But Cannot Sit Next To In A Bathing Suit' category). You know who you are.
And remember the Beach Body participant, Carolyn?
Still an overachiever.
So, Junkie will end this series for now (with updates here and there) and close out with her favorite breakfast recipe. Because she writes it a week ahead and she already knows that week 2 brings on dark days. DARK days, my friends. You know the days, where you get busy and don't put exercise first so you go to bed at night wondering where the day went. The days when you attend a woman's conference for the whole weekend and somehow end Saturday night with your face in a delicious bowl of creme du brûlée mousse. OH MY WORD. DELICIOUS. But she's hanging in there because Monday always comes back around and Monday allows for a fresh start. Week 3 will be awesome! Never give up!
But oh, those Saturday nights can be dark, my friends.
On to the breakfast:
21 DAY FIX - BROCCOLI CHEESE EGG MUFFINS
- 12 eggs
- Veggies of your choice, I used broccoli, sundried tomatoes and artichokes (diced peppers and onions work, chopped spinach, whatever you have, like an omelet). There's no right or wrong amount, I believe I used about two green containers full or between 2-3 cups. If you're splurging a little, crumbled bacon or turkey bacon is good to add as well.
- 1/2 - 1 teaspoon of salt, to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of pepper
- One cup of shredded cheddar cheese (optional) (A must in Junkie's mind)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray 12 cup muffin tin GENEROUSLY. These muffins will stick in your muffin pan so bad you might just give up and throw the whole pan away. Not that that has ever happened over here.
- Saute or steam broccoli until soft and chop sundried tomatoes and artichokes into bite size pieces.
- Mix all veggies in a large bowl with cheese.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the 12 eggs as if you are making scrambled eggs. Pour over veggie mixture and stir.
- Fill each muffin tin 3/4 full and bake for 20 minutes or until you can insert a toothpick and it comes out clean.
- Enjoy! These lasted around three days in the refrigerator and can be frozen. Great to make ahead for an on the go breakfast or snack.
For 21 Day Fix: Three muffins = One and 1/2 red, 1/2 green, 1 blue
Low carb too!